Friday, July 15, 2011

Wouldn't You Like to Dunk Voldemort?

Some people will go about their business as usual today. For die-hard Harry Potter fans, today is the opening of the last "experience" of the series--the opening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 2. I fall into the latter category--I actually bought a couch in summer of 2000 so I would have a comfortable place to read the fourth book when it came out. I suspect I was not alone in my devotion.

As the movie series began, many book fans looked forward to each film release with almost the same level of anticipation and new fans who hadn't read the books joined in. The movies kept us all going even after the last book was read and over. That is why this last movie feels like the last hurrah to me.


How are you all feeling? I for one am indulging my inner kid and getting ready to dunk Snape (well, Alan Rickman anyway). I might also want to dunk Bellatrix Lestrange, but I think she scares me more than any of the other bad guys. I'll let Molly Weasley handle her.

[spoiler alert- don't read this paragraph if you don't want to know what happens in the last 2 books] Do you think Snape really was loyal to Voldemort throughout the story? Did you cry when someone in the story died? My colleague at work says a woman behind her at the last film was sobbing when Dobby died. That could've been me, but it was Dumbledore that hit me the hardest. Arg, I'll definitely be dunking Snape.

If you too are sad to be at the end of the series, don't forget you can still read all the other amazing books out there OR you can use SoDunked! to get in on the action and exact your revenge on any character you choose. Why not? Maybe if we dunk Augustus Rookwood enough times, Fred Weasley will come back.

Who would you dunk? Well, dunk someone today and please spread the word.

2 comments: